For fans of The Witcher 3... (PS4) (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, February 20, 2017, 19:11 (2622 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I think the game looks great. Jeff Gerstmann of Giant Bomb have it 5 stars. When Jeff praises a game as highly as his review does, it makes me take notice.

I still suspect, however, that trying to compare the game to The Witcher 3 is only going to lead to disappointment. Obviously it's too early to tell, but I do not think Horizon will live up to that comparison. The voice acting and facial animation don't even come close in the videos I've seen. And I'd be extremely surprised if the lore and especially world design even come close to being as deep and engaging. We all know I'm biased though.

That's fair, but the lead writer is John Gonzalez, known for his work as the lead writer of Fallout: New Vegas and Shadow of Mordor, and with contributions from Meg Jayanth, who was one of the lead writers on 80 Days.

And you'll be extra reassured by the fact that a number of CD Projekt Red developers worked on the game, so it's got more than a little Witcher 3 in its DNA.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread