Tempering expectations / what we actually know (Gaming)

by Kahzgul, Monday, February 20, 2017, 19:14 (2593 days ago) @ cheapLEY

First: The big one. A "Massive" galaxy to explore. People have fan-theorized this would be like no man's sky. I want to squash that right now. If you look at the galactic map shown in the video, this "massive" galaxy has only 5 waypoints displayed. Now, the clip is super short, and only about 70% of the galaxy is shown, but 5 is not the same as 5 quintillion. It's not even close. I assume they'll release more information about how many explorable locations there are in the future, but based on that clip, I'm going to expect something more like ME3 and less like NMS.

I don't know where this idea even came from. It's no wonder people are so disappointed by games all the time. Anyone who thinks that Andromeda is going to be anywhere near the size of No Man's Sky legitimately has to be an idiot. I fully expect it to be in line with what we've seen from the series before.

I agree that it's hogwash. Some people on reddit were going nuts about it when ME:A was first launched. If there's one thing we've learned from NMS, it's that people would rather have fewer, more distinct worlds than more, samey worlds, even when those same people keep clamouring for more more more worlds.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread