A compromise... (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, February 20, 2017, 19:46 (2593 days ago) @ Korny

The should just ditch the whole stupid system and just make all guns "exotic" in that all guns have set perks. That randomization is part of why I hate Destiny's PvP--does he just have a better roll than me, or is he legitimately better than me (hint: it's both, probably).

And better yet, make PvP and PvE weapons separate so you don't have to fuck one side or the other with every "balance" patch. It's stupid to have to walk that line.

If every gun had fixed stats, it would be unnecessary I think to separate PvE and PvP. Each gun could be precisely tuned to mesh with everything else knowing exactly what else is out there. And if it is a problem, then it can simply be tuned individually.

Random perks are a problem because people will seek out God Rolls. So either God Rolls tower over everything else and your normal rolls can't compete, or else you need to get a God Roll to have a decent gun. Either way, it's a bad situation.

Random perks do not belong on guns in Destiny.

An ideal solution would be "no random perk that affects weapon stats".

Why choose Cascade when you have Rangefinder? Why would you pick "up close & personal" when you could have Rifled Barrel?

I think gun perks should be perks, not things that affect stats, recoil, or damage. That way, you have variety within the same weapons, while always having balance and identical behaviors in something like PvP.

I also like the way Trials weapons work in Year 3, with all of them having the same perk options, but each tier has multiple perks, allowing you to tweak the weapon to better fit your own playstyle.

Yeah that is a good idea. No perk should straight up improve, or even alter weapon stats. That's the problem: too many perks let you bypass trade offs in weapon design. It is also very boring. Every perk should change the way you use the gun rather than straight up make the gun better.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread