Inside (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 01:55 (2615 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Let's not forget that there's a puzzle that completely shits on the laws of physics, allowing you to violate the conservation of energy. The seesaw with the minecart with two zombies in it.

That's the only puzzle I got stuck on for a brief spell, because the solution makes absolutely no sense. That's poor design, in my opinion.

I can look at Inside and appreciate its detail and artistry. I can also do that and still think it's not a particularly good game. As you said, holding right and solving the occasional simple puzzle, and all too many repetitive, tedious puzzles just isn't fun.

I happened to really enjoy Firewatch. I think it was brilliant. It told a neat story, and I do think that it benefited greatly from being a video game. It conveyed a sense of being present in that place, in that situation, that a movie just wouldn't. I think the simple interactive text opening set a tone that really hung over the rest of the game in a brilliant way. In any case, I think it's miles better than Inside--it's not even close.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread