That Gameplay Worries Me... (Gaming)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 20:04 (2613 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I hope you're right. My hope is that if there is no pause mechanic, that there is an easy setting.

To give you some perspective, in ME3 just before the ending, you make this full speed charge downhill, you get knocked out, you wake up with just a pistol a bunch of husk coming at you. It is near impossible to move the reticule in this scene, supposedly emulating the difficulty of the situation. I remember my wife being in nearly tears trying to do this scene over and over for an hour the first time. And I'm pretty certain this was just normal setting. She just couldn't move the guns that precisely. Hell, it took me a bunch of tries to get it and I'm relatively good at shooters. It was tough to see her that way, especially knowing how much she wanted to get to the ending after 80+ hours of work in the game.

Yeah, that bit was tough. I think it's worth noting that when you make your character in ME3, you're given the option of choosing between "action" mode where all cutscenes just play like movies and you're basically only fighting, "Role-Playing" mode where you do all of the fighting, but also choose dialogue, and "story" mode where the combat is made to be extremely simple but the dialogue options remain fully fleshed out. I know because I made a new character just today (ME:A hype has inspired me to play a fem-shep run, which I've never done before). It's my guess that similar options will exist in ME:A.

I fully expect this as well.

Also, Beard, I suspect in some way they will make "non-brawler" options viable. If they didn't, being a brawler wouldn't mean very much, would it?

Or, basically, why they still made the Engineer class for ME3 even though so few played it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread