My latest "why doesn't every game do this?" feature (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, February 25, 2017, 18:27 (2617 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I've only played it briefly, but Ghost Recon Wildlands did absolutely nothing to justify its existence. I know it's a matter of taste, but I really struggle to see what anyone would get out of playing that game. It doesn't accomplish any of its apparent design goals more than adequately, and it can't live up to games that already accomplish most of what it's trying to do.

I felt the same way. Even at the hardest difficulty, the game is incredibly boring and lackluster. You have to go out of your way to be in a tense situation, otherwise, it's long boring drives between different objectives. Even using a small chopper against an attack helicopter was a "meh" diversion that I had to seek out just to get some variety.

I'm surprised at how bland it is, despite using the basic framework of the fantastic Future Soldier. It really should be way better than it is... Sammy and I were going to try to give it a shot again later today, but I think I've seen enough to write it off the "might buy" list. I was hoping for a more polished ARMA, and all I got was a slower-paced Division.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread