*Slight enemy spoilers* (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, March 01, 2017, 19:20 (2584 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Korny, Wednesday, March 01, 2017, 19:27

The combat is slick, tight, and exciting (closest comparison I can think of is the recent Tomb Raider games in terms of feel and pacing).

It's one of the few games to make me go "Holy Cow!" in recent memory, and then make me say it again, and again.
For example, the first time Sammy fought a Scrapper, it caught us off guard with how fast it was, and how hard it could hit (Holy Cow!). But she learned how they worked, what their short and long range attacks were, and what weak point to capitalize on. Nice.

Then she fought her first Corruptor, and despite the fact that she could handle Scrappers easily by that point, knew all about weakpoints, and knew not to underestimate the machines' speed, we were still caught off guard by this guy. The moment he jumped across the arena to close the gap between them (Holy Cow!), she ran for her life, only to have it pick up a boulder and fling it at her, taking half of her health with a single blow (Holy S***!).
Fundamentally, the fight was set up as a natural progression from the Scrapper (even similar weaknesses), but this guy had moves that we hadn't considered, and it was awesome.

And to think that there are over two dozen types of machines in the game, each with their own behaviors and attacks? We still have a lot to learn...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread