I am getting wrecked (Gaming)

by Kahzgul, Friday, March 03, 2017, 05:39 (2609 days ago) @ CyberKN

I don't know if there's some obvious thing I'm missing (gear, tactic, etc.), but every enemy seems to be super tanky now. Most fights (with the rare awesome exception) devolve into me hiding in a spot they can't reach and pelting them with ~100 arrows over the course of a couple minutes.

I only just killed the corrupter, so I'm probably not as far along as you, but I've found that the weak spots are worth anywhere from 4x to 6x damage. A watcher, for example, dies to a single arrow to the lens (I'm playing on "hard" difficulty), but takes 6 arrows to the body. A strider takes one shot to the canister on its back and then two - three more arrows to the face. Without that crit, you're looking at 9-ish arrows, assuming they all hit the face. It has armor on its body, so more arrows there.

The spear (melee weapon) is not to be dismissed, either. It does way more damage than the bow, can knock down enemies setting up massive critical hits, and is generally rad. I like to use the trap slinger to shock and trip enemies and then finish them off with the spear (This worked wonders on the sawtooth. Almost killed it outright after a single downing). That skill for "critical hits" on downed enemies is awesome.

Using stealth melee means I can kill a strider with one stealth attack + one normal spear swing. Kill a watcher with the stealth attack alone.

That Corrupter was hard as hell, but I think that's the point... it's a boss battle.

Anyway, that's as far as I've gotten, but I'm having a blast. The plot is so good!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread