I am getting wrecked (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, March 03, 2017, 11:46 (2610 days ago) @ Korny
edited by cheapLEY, Friday, March 03, 2017, 12:02

Edit: Meant to reply to CyberKN, not you Korny.

Pay attention to your equipment. The different damage and ammo types make a huge difference. It's worth having a second bow handy--I bought one that uses Precision arrows with a longer range and higher damage. It's slow firing, so great for sniping, then I switch to the Hunting Bow and Spear for close in fighting.

I'm playing on Very Hard and haven't had too many issues. I just beat the machine Korny mentioned: the Firebellow in the Sigma Cauldron. He went down with a few mines and around 50ish arrows. I've died a few times when encountering new machines while learning their patterns, but nothing frustrating. Actually, most of my deaths have been from trying to Skyrim my way up mountains and falling . . .

I really like that even the smaller machines can be dangerous if you're not careful.

Speaking of the machine Korny talked about, do the Cauldrons give anyone else VoG vibes? It's like VoG mixed with Rasputin's bunker. It's all I can think about when I'm in there.

Edit: Also, I forgot, but don't discount the mod slots on weapons and armor. Damage boost for weapons and protection boost for armor.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread