School me on the PS4 systems please (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Sunday, March 05, 2017, 14:28 (2607 days ago) @ unoudid

I'm considering picking up a PS4 for both D2 and a few other games that are only on the PS4. Does it really matter which version I buy (reg, slim, pro)? What are some pros and cons of each choice?

right now I can get a PS4 Slim w/ uncharted 4 for $255 on Amazon. I can also get the PS4 Pro for $400 with no games. I'm just wondering if the Pro is really that much of an upgrade?

I'm sure Korny will weigh in soon, but I know he is pleased with his PRO.

I guess it depends on the TV you currently have, and if you have plans to upgrade it in the near future.

If you just want to get into the eco system and take advantage of the PS4 exclusives, you will def save a chunk of change getting a slim bundle.

But, if you want to "future proof" your console a bit, the Pro would probably be the better investment.

I would GUESS that Destiny 2 will look really good on a PRO, but I would also expect it to look better because they finally dropped support for last gen.

For us it didn't make sense to upgrade. 1080P still looks great to me. Anything higher I'll play on my Laptop. YMMV.

Food for thought: I wish I would not have been an early adopter for the Xbox One. Had I known they were going to release their slim so soon after, I would have waited and I wish that is the one I had under my TV. With my PS4, I don't feel that way, but I don't see the need to upgrade it either. I don't play as many games as Cruel and Korny (I'm picky) but I've had zero complaints. Bloodborne, Doom, Wolfenstein and few others looks pretty damn great.

But every year, a game like The last of us, or Horizon zero dawn crop up and really show you what a console is capable of. If you value that 'rare' premium experience, it might be worth the price to you.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread