+1 For good point. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, March 05, 2017, 19:55 (2607 days ago) @ slycrel

Only you can make that decision. Here's some info from another perspective that seems to have not shown up in this thread yet.

You're looking at $145 difference for probably many many many hours of gameplay. It doesn't matter much right now, but It will matter much more after a year or so. So... are you going to be spending significant time with the PS4, and plan to be using it actively in a year's time? If so, that extra up front cost is likely worth it. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that it has nearly twice the horsepower of the regular PS4. That doesn't matter much now, but it will down the road as games opt into using that extra power, and leaving the older version as a baseline (but sub-par) experience.

I've got a VR instead of a Pro this past fall. It's only a matter of time until I upgrade, but it's not hugely important for me just yet. Unless you're looking at 4k and some small conveniences, it's minor and I already have the system.

If I were buying a new system I'd totally go with the pro.

I've been watching Sammy play Horizon more than I've been playing anything, and the thought crossed my mind how she doesn't need a Pro at all yet... but at some point she will, especially since she's looking for a deal on 4k TVs. If no new console comes out before 2020, I'd rather get her a Pro now and have it improve the experience rather than watching the regular PS4 lose more and more support down the road.

Like I've said before, I've been more than happy with the Pro already, but I didnt have dumb expectations about it like Cody did (magically converting all games to 60fps wtf?)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread