Tired of using non-343 Halo as a tired point of debate (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, March 08, 2017, 12:58 (2577 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Destiny is too flawed to capture that old non-343 Halo essence

I think a large portion of the "old non-343 Halo essence" was the zeitgeist surrounding Halo has a landmark console FPS. Very much a time, place, and lack of all the amazing games that each member of this community can get lost in.

I don't know about you, but I simply did not have as many quality options to play back then.

Yeah, that's got to be true to at least some significant extent. When we talk about the Bungie Halos we do need to keep some perspective. Things like "you have your regular health and a regenerating shield that lets you recover from mistakes!" or "it is fun and easy to drive the vehicles" or (moving into the Halo 2 era) "you just press a button and can play multiplayer with and against players of similar skill!" were all kinda these new, revolutionary things.

I do tend to agree with Avateur here. I think something was lost or moved away from with the shift to 343i. But I've also not really given Halo 5 a proper chance and know that there's many who really enjoy it. But, as you said, we now have such a wealth of amazing games to play. Its sometimes hard to devote yourself to a game you aren't quite sure of when there are ones you are playing or are about to play that you are lost in.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread