Does connection test qualify as interrupting the download? (Gaming)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, March 10, 2017, 02:53 (2575 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Pyromancy, Friday, March 10, 2017, 02:57

If your download is slow for any reason, go to the Network tab on the PS4, and click "Test Internet Connection". It'll refresh the download, and nine times out of ten it will download at normal speed.

Does this method of testing the connection during the download process qualify as "interrupting the download"?
Could this method be part of the reason I had to re-download the entire collection of Destiny Games and DLC's when a large Rise of Iron patch came out??
(probably because of your original tip on DBO here) I have tested the connection in the past and had success speeding up the download. I recall testing the connection many times during that update in Dec. that went badly for me.
I think the PlayStation servers probably have not changed at all. Could something have changed in the PS4 system software? Or could something have changed on the Destiny servers? Which now makes a connection test interrupt the download?

There have been a few mentions in prior "weekly updates" about similar problems with download issues, but it feels like in the last month the number of people around the net that have had an issue has been rising and the Destiny Operations Center have maybe zeroed in on a cause->effect

03-02-16 THAB:

"Update Inbound:Next week, we will be pushing an update to all players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This update will make no changes to the player experience, and players may immediately resume gameplay once it is installed. When it comes to Destiny Updates, here is some information that players should take special note of: Interrupting Downloads: Some consoles will attempt to verify all previously downloaded content before downloading a Destiny Update. If any issues are found, or the verification process is interrupted, all previous content will be deleted and downloaded once more. For more information, please see our Updating Destiny Guide."

03-09-16 THAB:

"Destiny Update Recap: Earlier this week, Destiny underwent a small scheduled update. No changes were made to the player-facing Destiny experience. Once an Update has been released, Destiny Player Support monitors the #Help forum to ensure players are proceeding through the download process as expected. With this recent update, we saw an increase in reports of players having to re-download large portions of Destiny content, which equated to longer-than-expected console downloads. This is the result of a console attempting to verify all previously downloaded content. This includes the base game and all Destiny Updates/Hotfixes. If any issues are found, or the verification process is interrupted, all previous content will be deleted and downloaded again. To ensure that players do not encounter this often, we highly recommend using a wired connection when downloading Destiny Updates or Hotfixes. Additionally, if a player is experiencing network issues during the download process, this may lead to some content being lost or damaged. For more information, please see our Updating Destiny Guide."

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread