OMG, shaddup about the vault, ya dang chowda heads! (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, March 10, 2017, 06:05 (2596 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Korny, Friday, March 10, 2017, 06:08

People are just being hoarders, and whining that they can't hoard some more. When was the last time you actually used your Y1 gear? If you haven't used it in the past two months, delete it. Hooray, more vault space.

Actually, we ran VoG, Crota, and King's Fall back to back a month ago, and wore appropriate armor (and used appropriate weapons) for each one.

So it hasn't passed the two month threshold. Don't delete it. ;)

I mean, I have sets of armor for each raid in my vault too. I even have my Hunter's starting armor, my old Viper Spine IV boots, a lot of Year 1 weapons (Y1 Bad Juju is purple! The Supremacy!) and Lighthouse weapon sets. And of course my original Khvostov (which still gets pulled out from time to time). And I STILL had plenty of vault space left over (that I've since filled with engrams and 400 Light stuff just in case new stuff comes out.). My vault is full now, but that's a result of deliberately storing expendable stuff. If there was something that I reeeally wanted, my Y1 Auto Rifles would be the first things to go (heck, the only character that I have kept Raid sets for is my Warlock. Titan and Hunter sets were deleted before the latest Vault expansion).

I'm not saying to delete every single thing that is obsolete, but you don't need to keep fifteen hand cannons, or every hunter cloak that you've ever found. At some point, you're probably stockpiling duplicates of something too, maybe because someday you'd like to try out this perk instead of that one, or you're waiting for the meta to favor slow-firing Auto Rifles again...

So if your vault is full, the solution is "delete stuff you don't use", not "Bungie, you're bad for not further overhauling your game to let me hoard more stuff!"

Sure, it'd be nice, but I'd rather have the devs making sure that this isn't a problem in D2 rather than trying change a middle row in the house of cards that is Destiny 1.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread