So, would you say that Destiny...is not...canon? (Gaming)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Saturday, March 11, 2017, 16:10 (2593 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I wouldn't use Destiny's verification system as cannon. None of my other PS4 games have ever behaved in the same manner as Destiny when patching, not once, not ever.

(topic title is only a joke)

I guess I'm confused?
I never insinuated that Destiny's download verfification was the gaming standard. I never even said anything remotely close to that? Never mentioned any other PS games or how PS works. I never made any claims, just supposing and asking questions.

I'm a habitual threadjacker, which I guess is my mistake. I was asking a solely Destiny question, on a Destiny forum (in a random No Man's Sky topic). The discussion reminded me of something or helped me generate a new idea. I'm still trying to figure out why I had to waste 8-10 hours downloading a game I already owned and had downloaded in the past. Does it matter anymore? No. Its just I'm a bit of a gearhead at times and I love to know how things work, or why they work the way that they do.
I was only wondering if the priorly good method of 'testing the connection' could have qualified as interrupting my Destiny download and caused me to have to re-acquire the entire game. I had no further implications than that...?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread