Haven't gotten to the ending but... (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, March 11, 2017, 17:49 (2574 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I couldn't agree more.

My only issue is the way in which the story is presented. I don't mind because the story is compelling enough, but being basically locked in a room having the listen to audio logs for 30 minutes or more at a time isn't exactly a good way to go about it, I don't think. Like I said, it doesn't bother me because I typically really enjoy reading lore and listening to audio logs. And I guess technically they're all skippable if you don't care, but you really wouldn't get much of the story if f you don't hunt those things down.

I find this approach pretty risky, because it can very easily become tedious. I think they got away with it in this case because the story is good enough to care about, and they also spread those areas out just enough that I'm eager for another info dump by the time I find one.

For me, it worked out that I had found enough logs to have a fairly complete idea of the sequence of events that we're trying to uncover, but there are just enough gaps that I'm looking forward to exploring the world and tracking down the ones I've missed. And there's something very fitting about that, now that I've finished the story. It feels like the kind of thing Aloy would actually do.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread