One thing that I didn't notice at first... (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, March 11, 2017, 18:01 (2574 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I couldn't agree more.

My only issue is the way in which the story is presented. I don't mind because the story is compelling enough, but being basically locked in a room having the listen to audio logs for 30 minutes or more at a time isn't exactly a good way to go about it, I don't think. Like I said, it doesn't bother me because I typically really enjoy reading lore and listening to audio logs. And I guess technically they're all skippable if you don't care, but you really wouldn't get much of the story if f you don't hunt those things down.

Speaking of audio logs. Did you know that the Vantage Points tell a second story besides the part that you hear?
If you open them up in your Log book, under the transcript of the part that you listen to is more insight into the guy's life and relationship with his mother and stepdad. Worth a read.

Also, the only instance that I was annoyed with in regards to audio logs was when we were infiltrating the Eclipse camp, and there are six or seven separate audio logs in Helis's tent. If they had been scattered around I don't think I would have minded as much (similar to the "know your enemy" logs in Borderlands 2), but the fact that you had to sit there during a point where you're being told to hurry, feet from the next section was slightly irritating, since I wanted to get on with the mission.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread