Can't wait for Destiny 2 (Destiny)

by yakaman, Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 15:41 (2590 days ago)

Hi all. Hope everyone here is doing well.

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but you know, excuses.

I stopped playing Destiny at some point after King's Fall. I really enjoyed the changes and content, but never got around to beating the raid. So maybe it's been about a year since I've played.

I really miss Destiny. I miss playing with friends, I miss the smooth-ass gameplay, shooting, and movement. I miss the story - though Ragashingo's Bite-Size Backstory series has been great to follow.

Like most, I found the story of Bungie's technical implementation issues fascinating to read. It all makes sense to me, now. I always thought Bungie's output (productivity) in Destiny was like Gravitional Force in our universe: seemingly weak relative to what you'd expect from the effort being put forth, and much of it seemingly lost in a dimension we could not perceive.

Well, now we know.

I'm genuinely optimistic about Des2iny. I expect the same smooth gameplay and seamless universe, and I expect both the amount of content and content generation rate to increase substantially over the original. Additionally, the drop-off of support for last-generation consoles should provide a boost to productivity and focus.

Yes, I may be naive. But I expect good things. Not ridiculous things, just good things.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread