Whoah, plenty of crazy assumptions in the article... (Gaming)

by EffortlessFury @, Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 17:00 (2569 days ago) @ Kermit

Thanks for yours, Korny. Hoping for more thoughtful responses.

Sammy and I both attended college, and both lived with our parents until I was almost in my mid-20s. Neither could afford to finish a higher education, and now we both hold full-time jobs, with Sammy occasionally selling arts and crafts as extra income. It feels like the article is written to pander to the folks who would still look down on us because we don't own a house and have the audacity to spend our leisure time playing video games.

Those dang millenials like us, huh?

I didn't perceive the same judgmental tone that it seems you did. I thought the writer was going there, but I never perceived that they did. And I did see a lot of myself in the testimonials, and I've had my own difficulties finding balance. I'm very happy for you and Sammy if you don't find that to be a struggle.

Actually, interestingly enough I felt like the author directly acknowledged the impact the economy has on this type of issue. They mentioned that wages have stagnated or dropped for "younger positions" and even in the summary paragraph at the end notes that the world may seem more rigged to those of us who play games than the games themselves.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread