Night in the Woods (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, March 19, 2017, 13:27 (2595 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by cheapLEY, Sunday, March 19, 2017, 13:30

My PS4 ate my save before I could play through New Game+. I think I originally played the game on Steam, though, before they added NG+. I'll have to jump in and do that at some point. I just sort of forgot about it. I think of all the games in that "genre" (in which I include Telltale games, Life is Strange, Gone Home, etc.), Oxenfree is still my favorite. It just nails that creepy atmosphere and aesthetic and I love it. Sounds like NG+ even more so.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but has anyone played Night in the Woods? It looks like it plays almost exactly like Oxenfree. It's a little goofier looking (in that it has anthropomorphic animals), but it received good reviews and apparently tells an interesting story. I want to check that out at some point, but I just can't keep up with game releases, and Mass Effect is in two days! I considered creating a thread about Night in the Woods when it released, since I know a lot of folks here dig these sorts of games, but figured I shouldn't if I couldn't at least recommend it myself.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread