Weekly Story Playlist (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 20:33 (2582 days ago) @ Kermit

Like everyone else, I hope Destiny 2 has a better story, and I'd like to see an option to Continue the Quest at the end of each step, whether it be a mission of Tower conversation. It could say something like "Continue the quest on the moon" or something like that so you knew where you were going. One thing I found disconcerting early on was not being sure what story node to play next. This was fixed somewhat by the questification update, but I still miss the continuity you have with games that automatically load the next chapter of the story for you.

You know, I don't think the questificaiton update helped it out that much. I played through it w/ my bro-in-law and we were just flooded with quests & he didn't know which ones he should follow. I feel that it still suffers from the same base problem. In fact we accidentally stumbled into some of the Dark Below story missions (before finishing vanilla destiny) by playing that super fun Sword of Crota mission on the Moon & following the quest associated with it.

I think the idea of the questification is good, but it needs refinement. Having too many quests that you're working on concurrently was confusing. They needed to be more clearly marked as "this is the main quest" and "this is a side quest" and "this quest is something you should wait on because it's an expansion story line". Regarding the expansion quests, perhaps they shouldn't allow you to follow them until you've completed the main story-lines. I dunno, not allowing is too harsh & people will want to skip "vanilla" and go straight to the Dark Below, maybe having a warning before opening the seal on the new quest if you haven't finished the main quests before.

I'd also like a way to reactivate completed quests.

Can't you pick up old quests from that iPad by the Vanguard? I don't know I've never done it myself.

tl;dr: In Destiny 2 I'd like to be seamlessly led through a strong narrative that is worth replaying, and replaying it should be easy.

I'll give that a heartfelt AMEN!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread