Not enough Fire/Ice arrows (Off-Topic)

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 00:42 (2591 days ago) @ CyberKN

My effectiveness against flying enemies went way up after learning how they react to different forms of elemental damage. Specifically, once I upgraded my hunter bow with enough bonus fire damage, I could knock glinthawks out the sky with one shot, then move on to the next target while they were incapacitated and taking DoT. With stormbirds, I favour ice for it's ability to ground/weaken, allowing me to chew through their hit-points much quicker.

Re-playing through the game on the hardest difficulty as we speak, which is really forcing me to optimize how I fight. It's good stuff.

Good to know. I've got my hunting bow spec'd for maximum impact, which means it actually does more damage than my sniping bow right now and has very high tear (it takes one shot to clear a glinthawk's chest armor and a 2nd shot blows the chillwater sac). I have yet to buy a war bow for actual freeze arrows, and I usually use the shadow sling if I need to freeze something (like a ravager).

I'm still revising my fighting for most of the enemies. I've got stalkers down to a science, and glinthawks die quickly too (2 shots, not 1 like you, though!) I can three-shot a trampler as well (just aim for the udders).

I've got the mods for very, very high fire damage (I have 3 +44% or higher mods) so I'll check out your strat tonight. Thanks!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread