question (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 17:25 (2592 days ago) @ Kermit

Strike Reward chests require a skeleton key to open, so you'll need to run strikes until one drops, and then you can run a specific strike to open its chest. Strike chests usually have a 50/50 chance between two items to drop, and might also reward a class item or artifact. You can get primary, secondary, heavy weapons from strike chests, and helmets and gauntlets. You can look up online which strikes can reward which items. You can't get light-leveled chests or boots from strike chests, so you'll need to use exotic engrams for those (or get lucky with the nightfall or raid) to bring those up.

I've never really farmed for specific things in strikes--I've never run a specific strike in order to use the skeleton key to get specific reward. In general, I have hardly ever run strikes outside of the playlist mode. Is there a level you have to choose in order to get light-leveled items? I assume so.

As long as the chest spawns, the legendary item you get out of it should be up to max light, so you don't have to worry about wasting your key... It's been long enough that I don't remember if the chest always spawns regardless of difficulty, though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread