Horizon Zero Dawn - Fighting the biggest game (vids) (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 21:38 (2588 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I'm surprised you don't use the Ropecaster. It's one of my go-tos. It's great for taking an enemy out of the fight so you don't have to deal with it while you tackle another machine. It can also just give you some room to breath when battling a big machine. Machines break free faster if you deal damage to them, but it's good for pinning them down so you can hit a weak spot while they're not moving.

I'm also surprised you don't use Conentration much. It's great for quick-firing arrows at an exposed weak spot, especially the weak area behind the Thunderjaw's neck armor. They usually face the player head on, so any time I get that profile view I use Concentration to get in a quick flurry of shots at that weak spot for good damage.

Also Corruption arrows are my new favorite. I went for a metal flower last night that was surrounded by five Snapmaws. I just hit a bunch of them with Corruption arrows and let them beat on each other and sat back and watched. It's easier than sneaking to overrride one, as long as you have a good supply of Corruption arrows.

Speaking of Corruption, I also did the Corrupted Zone with a pair of Corrupted Rockbreakers last night. Holy hell, that might actually be the hardest fight I've done so far. Really fun stuff.

I'm trying to finish off the Platinum trophy tonight so I can start a new game on Very Hard (I played on Hard the first time through).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread