PS4 gets early beta access is only turning me away (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, March 23, 2017, 15:34 (2582 days ago) @ Korny

These kinda practices are just turning me away rather than drawing me to buy a PS4. I was even considering buying one for some other games. But now? Way to go Sony, you might have had a new customer. Either way, I wouldn't have switched consoles just for Destiny 2 :D

Funny how Sony gets the blame instead of Activision.

"Sony offered more money than Microsoft for this deal? THANKS SONY, YOU MIGHT HAVE HAD A NEW CUSTOMER!"
It's kind of dumb, and I doubt you'd say "Xbox is getting the exclusives this time? LATER MICROSOFT, HELLO SONY!"

Shouldn't let publisher deals for exclusive content sway you when flat-out exclusive games don't have you decrying the companies.

I know that it's Sony, Activision and Bungie's doing. However, I also know that Activision/Bungie didn't propose this deal, it was Sony. I also know that Activision/Bungie still agreed to it. I also know that It's always greener on the other side and that if Microsoft was doing this it might feel differently.

But the fact of the matter is, Sony is making these sort of things happen to sway XBox owners to get a PS4 and I'm saying that it's not working at all, in fact it's making it worse.

If you think that this is meant to do something else, I'm all ears. But as a potential customer, this is what I'm getting from it, and what I see about this situation is all that should really matter to Sony. I'm a customer. I would rather be seen as a gamer, or even a consumer to them. In this case, I don't feel that way.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread