PS4 gets early beta access is only turning me away (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, March 23, 2017, 16:19 (2580 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

However, I also know that Activision/Bungie didn't propose this deal, it was Sony.

Do you actually know this? Is it public knowledge who initiated the deal? (Genuinely asking--I don't know.)

Maybe not public. I was told this by one person, so keep in mind I haven't confirmed this with anybody else:

Sony really wanted Bungie to reveal Destiny at the Playstation event. Harold knew this and made a deal, making Bungie a nice chunk of cash in exchange for the reveal, and the exclusivity. So yes, Sony initially showed the interest.

Why the exclusivity is ongoing for Des2ny, I have no idea.

I guess technically, I don't. But it makes no sense, in my mind, for Bungie/Activision to do Playstation exclusives unless they were hurting for cash.

The charitable version is that Harold is a businessman for a company on which many employees and their families depend. He's looking out for the well being of everyone financially, especially given that a new IP is never a sure thing.

I think you know what the non charitable version is.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread