PS4 gets early beta access is only turning me away (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, March 23, 2017, 18:33 (2580 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I dunno. Paying more money to snag some exclusive content is obviously a smart business move to appeal to potential customers (although some clearly see it as a personal affront, but whatevs), but it also shows that they are willing to actively cater to the existing base as well (sales-wise, Xbox has been thoroughly beaten this generation, so they don't really neeeeed to be paying for exclusive content, it wouldn't hurt them to let Xbox get the stuff this time, but clearly they think that Destiny 2 continuing to be the complete Destiny experience is worth missing out on one guy who takes business decisions personally).

I'm really curious how much of the player base actually bought an entire console just to get the extra content. Because, no offense to those people, I would never do that. I might, however pay money to get that particular content on top of what I bought.

PS4 being the lead platform for Destiny was the primary reason that I bought a PS4 when I did. I'm lucky enough to have the kind of income now where I knew I would get both and Xbone and a PS4 eventually, so it was more a question of timing. When the two consoles launched, I bought an Xbox One because I knew I wanted to play Titanfall. But I also knew before making that purchase that the PS4 was the lead platform for Destiny, and if there were going to be any pieces of exclusive content, or technical performance differences, the PS4 would be the platform of choice. So I made sure I had a PS4 before Destiny launched. At that time, there were no other PS4 games that I wanted to play. As I said, I knew I was going to get one eventually... Destiny was the justification to buy it as early as I did.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread