PS4 gets early beta access is only turning me away (Destiny)

by EffortlessFury @, Thursday, March 23, 2017, 20:23 (2582 days ago) @ Korny

Damnit, just make a superior console and I will buy it.

Except you didn't. It was known long before launch that PS4 would be the superior console at a technical level (unless you bought into Microsoft's blast processing and 300,000 cloud servers).
It was known before the consoles launched that Destiny would have more content on PS4.
Even now, look at Xbox's exclusives. The biggest AAA exclusive they have this year has a 79 on Metacritic (with nothing notable on the horizon), while pretty much every big PS4 exclusive released so far is a critical success.
And that's without even mentioning the Pro.

Don't use the games I love to sway my vote.

So none of the exclusives sway your vote? It's all what Destiny has (clearly it wasn't before Destiny launched, since you went with Xbox).

To be fair, he said he was considering the PS4. Hell, I bought one recently. Frankly, I feel like the gulf of technical superiority pales in comparison to the online ecosystem gulf between the consoles, which is why I still prefer Xbox. But still, he says he was considering this console (because it's a good console with good content, which speaks for itself).

Even though I now have a PS4, I might still refuse to play Destiny on it going forward on the principle that I dislike this tactic as a console selling device. I may have bought one, but not due to these shitty tactics, and I'd prefer to not reward those shitty tactics by also buying into that ecosystems version of the game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread