AoT mystery symbols? (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Sunday, March 26, 2017, 04:17 (2586 days ago) @ Kahzgul

https://www.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets/comments/61iff0/age_of_triumph_mystery/

Spinfoil hats time!

So yeah, the artwork released for AoT contains some symbols which seem out of place. In addition, those same symbols are mirrored on the shields below (much smaller). I also think the non-symmetric art on the right of the art may be something.

[image]

I'll play along.

The circles on the perimeter...from a design standpoint, those are simple to make. I can't imagine a designer that would create material on this level would mess up a simple task like drawing a circle. See below an example of circles in Illustrator using dash/gap.

[image]

So either it's intentional or sloppy. And when you look at the distance between the dashes and shields on the right vs left, they are inconsistent. It may just be sloppy. :/

As for the symbols, it seems like the image that was uploaded to that imgur thread is the only image that has those symbols (that I've seen at least). Is this image hosted anywhere else? Plus they are just slapped on there so randomly. I feel like when Bungie puts these little nuggets out there like this, they are more subtle and deliberate about it.

It all just seems fishy.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread