Thinking about “The mood of Destiny” lately… (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, March 27, 2017, 17:27 (2580 days ago)

It’s interesting, I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the mood of Destiny and what direction they’re going to take it in D2, and Cruel’s track struck that chord again today.

For me, ever since the Beta, there’s been something magical about landing in a sparsely-populated Tower at night and having the music for Tranquility start playing. That track exudes sadness and longing, but there’s also an air of hope woven throughout. Every time it happens I drive my Guardian over to the railing and chill out to watch The Traveler. The ships come and go, Guardians transmat in and out, and it just feels right somehow. For me, this is the mood of Destiny that I absolutely love.

The direction they’ve taken Destiny since launch has been more toward the superhero-movie end of the spectrum, which can absolutely be fun, but quickly becomes bombastic and void of meaning if not contrasted against something slower and more intimate. I hope they’re able to keep that balance going forward (and maybe expand upon it a bit more?).

Not really sure where I’m going with this, but wondered if any of you had similar thoughts?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread