This. This exactly. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 20:17 (2578 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Would have been better if they would have ended it immediately after Cayde said, "Well, better get back to it." I loved it up until we realize Cayde stopped for a drink mid-battle. I would have enjoyed it more if he were doing this during down time after the battle, they could have then had the attack on the bar commence and Cayde could utter his "welp, better get back to it" line without the guardians fighting in the background.

This is what I thought. He went from the snarky Hunter who may not take much of anything seriously, but gets crap done when it needs to get done, to Deadpool. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Deadpool, but he's kind of an unreliable asshole and that's not who I thought Cayde-6 was supposed to be.

-Disciple

You've just nailed the exact issue that made me roll my eyes at the teaser... I just couldn't quite put my finger on it. It feels to me like somebody in Bungie and/or Activision's marketing department said "hey, Deadpool is popular, right? Let's make something like that."
I don't have a problem with taking the teaser in a comedic direction... this just didn't feel at all like Destiny in any way.

Just to be clear, I'm not making a big deal about it. It's just a teaser, and if people like it that's great! I'm just not a fan, and was struggling to figure out exactly why until I read Disciple's post.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread