So much this (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 01:04 (2584 days ago) @ Leviathan
edited by Avateur, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 01:08

Sure, I agree along the lines of Raiders/Obi-Wan, but this trailer is pure fun and made me laugh. In fact, it felt very much in the style of Star-Lord and Guardians of the Galaxy to me. :) Also, it's pretty hard to say what films will be forgotten when they just came out last year!

Also, and perhaps MOST importantly, nothing about this trailer says it is anything but a joke. Sgt. Johnson's Bip Bop Bam was also not representative of ODST's tone, and I never thought it was, just like this trailer.

(And even if it is representative of more humor in Destiny, I welcome it! When I was most engaged with Halo, Grunts screaming and Johnson jokes (which I wouldn't call naturalistic) didnt detract, it actually added a unique soul, one that I missed in Halo 4.)

Great post. While the teaser did nothing for me as far as hype (Bungie lost a lot of good will with Destiny 1), it did make me smile and got me interested and looking forward to Thursday. Destiny needs more/better humor, but it also needs to seriously knuckle down on story and making the player feel like something is actually at stake and that there's a cost to failure (and maybe even success). Destiny 1's gameplay had soul. I hope they can expand that to the rest of the world in Destiny 2.

Oh, and nah, Cody is totally right about Ghostbusters. If remembered, it'll be for all the things it did wrong.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread