This. This exactly. (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 13:19 (2557 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I'm a little confused about your conspiracy theory. Did Bungie somehow determine that Deadpool would be popular when they created Cayde-6 pre-2014? Because Cayde-6's character has not changed. Telling stories and acting goofy is who he is. And who he has always been.

You don't want all of Destiny 2 to be Cayde-6 being silly? Cool. But even suggesting that this is some stupid marketing ploy? Not cool. You're reaching. Big time.

Reference: Cayde-6's story about his fight against the Hive alongside a Fallen Baron.

The difference is timing. Cayde-6 is my favorite character in the game. I love that he's irreverent and does his own thing, but he always does his own thing to get the job done the way he thinks it should be done. There's a difference between going rogue and stealing someone's ship for a potential suicide mission because there's no way you'll get official approval for the mission and stopping mid-fight, leaving the rest of the guardians to fight for the last remaining city on Earth without you, so that you can have a drink and make a joke.

If the clip had taken place after the fall of the last city and he was just casually joking about the last of humanity being wiped out because "Y'know that bat-shit crazy plan we came up with to save the day? Heh. Yeah, didn't work", that would have felt like Cayde-6. This isn't Cayde. This is Exo-Deadpool.

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread