Destiny 2: Playstation Timed Exclusive Content (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 14:20 (2583 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Speedracer513, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 14:25

I wouldn't be surprised if Xbox tried... but Sony knows this too and I bet they were willing to throw any amount of money at bungie/Activision to keep the exclusive content. I know Phil Spencer (head of Xbox) loves Destiny. I'm willing to bet Sony simply outbid Microsoft (plus they have D1 partnership so its easier to "stay the course" than flip exclusivity).

At this point I now fully expect PS to always have exclusives in Destiny.

Yep. I'm still surprised that people are surprised.

This exactly.

I REALLY hope this is the last round of DBOers expressing surprise and disappointment in the timed exclusivity stuff. There is no excuse going forward for not understanding that it will continue to be a thing.

Edited to add: I don't fault the Xbox players for being displeased with the arrangement, nor for continuing to play on Xbox for their plenty of valid reasons. But this isn't going away and it doesn't make Sony (nor Bungie, nor Microsoft) evil. No reason to continue to be surprised, and no reason to keep the salt going. Salt isn't going to change the arrangement, and if it really matters to you to have "the full experience" it is completely within your power to do something about it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread