This. This exactly. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 14:23 (2577 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I'm a little confused about your conspiracy theory. Did Bungie somehow determine that Deadpool would be popular when they created Cayde-6 pre-2014? Because Cayde-6's character has not changed. Telling stories and acting goofy is who he is. And who he has always been.

You don't want all of Destiny 2 to be Cayde-6 being silly? Cool. But even suggesting that this is some stupid marketing ploy? Not cool. You're reaching. Big time.

Reference: Cayde-6's story about the his fight against the Hive alongside a Fallen Baron.

There's a big difference between a game featuring a character that is sometimes irreverent and cracks jokes, vs basing the entire tone and style of a trailer around that character's personality. To put it another way, I think this teaser would have been absolutely perfect for a Cayde 6 spin-off game. But DESTINY isn't Cayde 6. The game, the story, the world, none of it fits the tone of that trailer.

And saying a trailer reminded me of Deadpool is hardly a conspiracy theory. It's just an obvious similarity. Who knows if it was actually intentional or not... my money is on the idea that it was intentional, but I'm not standing on a mountain proclaiming it as TRUTH. You seem to be taking this far more seriously than I intended... can't a guy say he doesn't like something? Sheesh! :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread