7:30 team (Destiny)

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 16:14 (2578 days ago) @ Chappy

Thanks, Chris! So you ignored the first Oversoul (triggered after downing Crota once) and only dealt with it after downing him the second time?

Correct, it seems to NOT trigger a second one then. I heard it actually resets the Oversoul, but can't confirm. Either way, with Snipers it was easy to take it out, 2 or 3 from each after the last rocket. So that was only our problem when people were using Fusion Rifles to start...

How tightly did you manage the Boomer and Wizard kills? Our failures were usually due to the their interference at the wrong time - were you dropping them consistently just as the Sword runner was getting into position?

Not as tight as we should have. We did get a Wizard in the way of rockets 1 or 2 times, but we just sent a second (even though it may not have been needed). We could of 100% done this better, we basically just called them out and killed them (my shot was terrible so I would constantly miss my first sniper shot), but it really didn't take away from much since the Chalice was there.

The sword timing seems much narrower in this variant - 3 hits not guaranteed. I'm curious about the timing you used for the rockets - do you remember where your sword runners were when they called for the rocket volley?

At first, some were expecting people to just know when to shoot. We quickly stated that the sword guy had to say something (I have the sword...then say something when ready, bring him down, shoot, etc). So it was the swords guy choice. I then called 3,2,1, shoot for the second rockets. I called my 1 attempt (I was 3rd so it was a kill) when I hit the rock left that you wait on. Then immediately went towards him. Unsure of Zero or Chicken's placement. Certainly could have done it a bit earlier but I went with being sure I was ready.

It did seem a bit shorter, but we got it done in 3 sword users. We also seemed to have 4 people who felt comfortable with swords.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread