This. This exactly. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 18:41 (2583 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yeah. I think it does suffer a bit in a post Witcher 3, post Life Is Strange world. I think it's a fine entry to the series that can't really be expected to have characters with the familiarity and history that Garrus or Tali or Liara or Joker have in ME:3. Maybe it's not strictly necessary that the next entry in the series steps thing us a bit... but there is a small sense that it would be nice if Bioware did so...

There was a point maybe 30% through that I was wondering a little if maybe they hadn't focused enough on the characters. But then the loyalty missions started kicking in Mass Effect 2 style (with each major character requesting you help them with an important issue) and those missions ranged from good to terrific to outstanding. And following that, it felt like each character got some more fun moments spread around. Not always full missions, but smaller interactions that were still fun and sometimes meaningful.

By the end, maybe none of the characters had reached the same level of familiarity as what the returning characters in ME:3 felt like, but those guys had three games to get there! I very much want another story with most or all of the Andromeda characters so they cancome back and be familiar and say "Just like old times" or whatever.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread