memories (Destiny)

by yakaman, Thursday, March 30, 2017, 01:02 (2578 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by yakaman, Thursday, March 30, 2017, 01:05

Ah, that's the thread where I actually offered to let Petetheduck borrow my PS4 during the alpha (and beyond) so that he didn't have to feel left out. So young, so innocent.

(I really don't get butthurt about alpha and beta playtime--there are actually good technical reasons to limit the audience for those. Limiting by platform is logical.)

I still say the Playstation exclusives were underwhelming (Hawkmoon or Jade Rabbit maybe not, but I never got the former when it mattered and I've yet to get the latter.)

The strikes were the best thing, and several of those weren't popular, at least based how often my matchmade teammates dropped out.

I'd even go so far to say that the Playstation owners might have a case to complain that the exclusives didn't live up to the hype.

In my opinion they threaded the needle--the exclusives were substantive enough to pitch as something special, but in actuality, not special enough to matter.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I don't think I've ever actually cared that I didn't have the few extras. I say this after the fact - I was certainly anticipating being pissed, and I was pissed at the beginning, but after I just resigned to my fate it sorta all ceased to matter.

I understand anger on principle, and I cannot begrudge others for being angry, but I just can't muster it for myself. It is what it is, and I'm not about to give up D2 over it.

Either I'm illuminated, or I'm indoctrinated. It could be either really.

Edited to add: I think over-pursuit of "completionism" in games in general, and this one specifically, kinda contributed to a lot of my salt regarding D1 and the exclusives. I'm determined to keep a healthy relationship with D2 playtime and expectations.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread