Good news. The record book is pointless. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, March 30, 2017, 03:57 (2583 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Just ignore it like you should have done with all of the other ones.

Yes but it is there, looming in the background, and the checklist game design hovers over everything.

It's still too early to say, but I'm starting to feel like Destiny as it stands right now is probably my favourite version of the game. There is no level-up grind (since I hit max level during the previous update). The crucible has been obliterated to the point where I don't have any need or desire to play Destiny PvP ever again, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by sticking to PvE (whereas in the past I'd play PvP for opportunities to rank up or get a new weapon I wanted). The Raids have always been my favourite thing in Destiny, and now they're finally front and center, but without all the frustrating RNG-dependant levelling issues that plagued them before. And if Crota's end is any indication, the raids have been tweaked and improved.

Plus, we finally have elemental primaries back (as exotics, which is totally fair), they aren't a pain in the butt to acquire, and scoring a few of them makes all other PvE activities more fun than they've been since year 1.

What I'm getting at is: I too find the record books annoying, and somewhat distracting. But I'm finding this one in particular to be very easy to ignore, because it doesn't yield any rewards that I want, and there's all this great stuff to do in the game now that is completely unrelated to the book. Which makes me happy.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread