Anyone else wishing this was more Empire Strikes Back-ish? (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, March 30, 2017, 18:25 (2555 days ago) @ BeardFade

I haven't read the whole thread so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

I really don't like that the Last City is already destroyed. If we are really guardians, we would have been ready for an attack, tried to fight it off, and failed.

Give me that story.

Give me a story where our last bastion, the last bit of Earth that we have not surrendered to the Darkness is taken from us. Let me live that challenge, that pain, that loss. Then, and only then, does it make sense to rally and win the city back.

It feels cheap to just destroy the city to move the story. It should have been the story.

At least, it's the story I would have written.

Some games have done the thing where you start the game fully powered, and then get "de-powered" very early on. Your suggestion would be a good way to justify something like that. The game opens up with our guardians fighting to defend the city, but at the end of the first mission, the tower gets destroyed along with all our gear.

Now THERE'S a way to get Destiny fans emotionally involved in the story. Reveal to us that our gear actually does carry over into D2, then force us to watch it all go up in flames XD

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread