My thoughts too (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, March 30, 2017, 20:09 (2577 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I love you all (even Raga), and just want to remind everyone that buying pre-orders puts the onus of sale on the advertising for a game, whereas waiting for reviews to come out before you buy puts the onus of sale on the actual quality of the game itself.

Please don't pre-order this game or any other. Force game devs to focus on making great games rather than making great advertisements.

Of note: This ad was a better pre-rendered sequence than anything in vanilla Destiny.

Of double-note: If Bungie does put more effort into the game than they put into this ad, that means the game is going to be gorgeous, well acted, and have a plot! Get HYPED (but don't pre-order)!

The fact that beta access is tied to a pre-order would suggest that in this case, your argument could be wrong. The best way to judge the quality of the game is to play it - and giving it a chance in beta format tells you at least whether the game is up your alley or not.

If it's not, you can cancel the preorder after you play - but without the preorder, you cannot play.

This is exactly my approach to Destiny 2. I will preorder it specifically so that I can get access to the beta and play the game for myself. I expect I'll love it, but you never know how things will turn out, and there will almost certainly not be any reviews available before launch. So getting my hands on the game is the best way for me to form an opinion on whether or not I should buy it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread