My one big reservation with Logan... (Off-Topic)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, March 31, 2017, 18:36 (2577 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Jaded (but dangerous) old man who has lost pretty much everything reluctantly agrees to smuggle a special young girl across the country (at the behest of his only close companion) to reach a safe group that can help her, starting off with an initially-shaky relationship before bonding with her and becoming willing to risk everything for her.

That's not exactly an original concept, so I guess I don't really see the direct comparison. The Last of Us is just The Road with zombies, which is just one of countless stories and parent/child relationships.

I really don't see how one could really call The Road a similar concept. The Road was a simple father-and-son survival film. The child wasn't particularly special, the dad didn't change as a character, and they weren't really going anywhere in particular besides trying to find a warmer region to stay.

The plot points and characters are completely different other than "an adult and child travel after a cataclysmic event".

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread