Flanderization of Cayde (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, March 31, 2017, 19:54 (2554 days ago) @ ManKitten

Come on guys...appreciate the juxtaposition. How lame would it be if it were just Zavala up there giving his "4th quarter, 2 outs, down by a goal" speech. Zavala is the vehicle for dire circumstance and driving a story line. Cayde is the vehicle for fun and player engagement.

And it seems that everyone is forgetting that this video was promotional! I could be wrong about this (I was wrong once) but I thought there was a Bungie Vidoc years ago where one of the devs said something like "If everyone hates it you messed up and if everyone loves it you messed up. If you can find that perfect mixture of praise and complaint, you nailed it." Well, whoever said it...this trailer did exactly that. It's created excitement, conversation, debate, praise and complaint.

They nailed it imo.

Oh, I thought it was funny, I loved the trailer. I really enjoyed watching Zavala give a good motivational speech while the charismatic Cayde is bombing it. I was just voicing concerns I have about a beloved character being flanderized. Please don't ruin Cayde, I love him just how he is! That's all.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread