Not surprised honestly. (Off-Topic)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, April 01, 2017, 12:06 (2576 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Much like it's 2nd movie (Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence), but to a FAR lesser degree, the 1995 (so...21 years ago) Ghost in the Shell is not a sit down/brain off movie. So if someone was to go in and not know what to expect, or base their expectations off of modern sci-fi/action cinema, it would defensibly come across as a slow, plodding movie. If I had to guess I would have to say you weren't expecting the far more eastern style of pacing. Expecting a movie that went comma, comma, comma, not period then breath. Period then breath. Period then breath. I'm guessing you probably fell asleep during the 2 or 3 minute scene of just life in the city, which is a very slow-almost-still scene. I should note, that Destiny also has these moments (even if it is a pace we ourselves make), as I commented recently about the mood of Destiny.

Here is another example of what I mean: If someone watched the movie Pacific Rim with an expectation of a story for WHO KNOWS whatever reason; then they would likely leave the movie thinking two or three stars. Yet if someone went in to the movie with the expectation of giant FREEK'N robots smashing fists, swords, ion cannons, or whatever else into acid spewing bio-luminescent behemoths in a death battle to shatter the lands around them... then yes. Five stars.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread