+1 (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, April 02, 2017, 14:02 (2573 days ago) @ Kahzgul

You've summed up very nicely exactly what's been bothering me with regards to the Destiny story and character (or lack thereof). The (mostly) silent protagonist is also problematic.

Back to HZD:

man, those screenshots are great! I find your choice of armor interesting. I spent the entire game in either the stealth armor (95% of the game) or the very customizable silks (unavoidable combats only). Just today, I got the shield weaver and was soooo disappointed that the actual outfit looks nothing like what you see before you get it. Still looks neat, but not nearly as neat as what I thought I was getting. I must say, I'm also really happy that I was able to get it without spoilers or a walkthru.

Thanks!
As far as armor choice goes, I like the Shadow Stalwart Heavy because not only does it look great, it has three mod slots like the Silks outfit, and it also protects against sonic/blinding effects.
That said, my armor choice depends on region. I won't be wearing the Banuk Ice Hunter gear while exploring the Carja jungles, for example (despite the higher number of Glinthawks). Makes for better pictures when you're dressed appropriately, I think.

The game's plot unfolds beautifully and is just so well done. The second half (maybe more?) of the game, every mission has felt like "is this the last one? Oh wow there's more!" It's great. I want to just keep going and going and going with this game, and that real sense of a living, vibrant world is a big part of what's driving it.

Yeah. I like that people react to the things that you have accomplished along the way as well. It's a small thing, but it definitely gives you the sense that your actions have weight, and that you're actually building a legend (although credit for your actions is sometimes given to the wrong people).

One question: Can you complete the War Bow tutorial quests? I don't seem able to get credit for shooting ice arrows or shock arrows into their respective canisters, and I've tried everything. None of the other tutorials gave me any issues.

Make sure that you're using the right weapon. If it says War Bow, make sure that you're not using a Carja War Bow, or the Hunting Lodge War Bow. The tutorials are for specific weapons, so you probably upgraded your War Bow and sold the default one before doing the Tutorial.

I'm so excited to play through again on the highest difficulty, which is a pretty rare feeling for me these days.

Good luck with the Corrupted Rockbreakers! That was easily the toughest part of the game for me.

Anyone with a PS4 who hasn't picked this game up, 10/10 definitely playing again. GotY contender for sure.

+1

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread