Here's what worked well for our group: (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 04, 2017, 15:00 (2572 days ago) @ Mariachi

I'm still not convinced that leaving one knight and having no wizards spawn isn't better. If they manage to hide and you miss them, they result in wipes.

I can understand that. We never had any trouble with them hiding though, so for us it was a non issue. But on the chance they did hide, it would cause problems. You could potentially counter it by assigning one person to only focus on the knights and wizard. Have them even jump up into the tower if necessary to take out any that hide. Unless you are really low light, the remaining players should still be able to down Crota pretty effectively even with one player focused on the boomer tower.

However, for me, I'd rather risk that and use the bubble to boost the damage for the swordbearer. We were able to use this method to take him down in only two swords and thereby completely avoid the ogre phase, which for some reason always seemed to result in at least one death for us.

Yeah, I understand the appeal of that. I think some strategies are easier for some teams to pull off, and I think skepticism of what's different creeps in, too, to the point where people have the expectation that a different strategy will fail, and it may even affect their ability to pull it off. I find it fascinating how quickly people become wed to their strategies. It was the same thing with Golgy. I loved the Xbox strat, but the PS4 people were very resistant. Oh well.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread