Yep (Gaming)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, April 04, 2017, 20:20 (2550 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'm just about finished with the second planet I went to, and I'm pretty much in agreement. I really don't understand how the general buzz about this game went so negative so fast. I don't like to just dismiss other people's opinions, but after playing this far, I'm left with an unavoidable conclusion: that many reviewers went in with a pre-formed opinion and looked for things to justify it.

For me, Andromeda has captured a certain not-completely-definable feeling that I haven't gotten since Mass Effect 1. Something about exploring unfamiliar worlds and species that Mass Effect 2 and 3 didn't really do (for good reason, but still). And the open-world planets finally feel like what I think they WANTED the planets in ME1 to be, but couldn't quite pull off at the time.

Oh, and agility mode on the Nomad. :)

I'm not completely sure about the multiplayer yet. It is fun, and it has elements of what made ME3 multiplayer great, but I don't know yet whether it'll have the same staying power.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread