Play Mass Effect Andromeda. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, April 04, 2017, 21:28 (2577 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It's better than the hot mess that was Mass Effect 3 by miles.

Well... the ending is, for sure.

I think overall ME3 had better writing especially in the conversations. They just knew your crew so well by the third game that they nailed so many great little scenes and moments. I think Andromeda is a little weaker on that front. Not a ton, but a little.

I will agree that ME3 has better conversations and dialog, but I think that game is pretty disappointing overall. Other than Tali's stuff and the stuff with Legion and the Geth, and I don't really think ME3 did a very good job of making good on it's promises to make your choices relevant. Maybe that's asking too much, but I just don't think it wrapped anything up particularly well. I actually didn't have many problems with the proper ending because the entire game fell short in wrapping up the things I cared about. Add into that that the best parts of the story and game were hidden behind Day One DLC, and it's a pretty disappointing game for me.

And there some stuff I'm not going to talk about now, but I'd be interested to hear what you thought of. Come back once you're finished.

At first I was sort of disappointed by the Remnant stuff. Oh, cool, another mysterious ancient alien thing. But just from the stuff on Eos, I'm totally bought into that mystery.

But yes, I think Andromeda really got that sense of exploration and pioneering and managed to be about more than you being the invincible Shepard who is always right and always the only one who can save the galaxy. Keep playing, the best is yet to come. :)

I'm enjoying that aspect so far. I really enjoy the exploration stuff a lot--it really is fulfilling that promise from the boring rando planets of the first game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread