So, I made a thing (Horizon ZD) (Gaming)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, April 05, 2017, 21:23 (2578 days ago)

After finally buying a capture card and seeing all the other awesome things people were making with this game, I decided to buckle down and put my rusty editing skills to good use.

Here's the result:

A lot of people have shown off what this game is capable of looking like through photo mode, but for me the truly impressive stuff happens when the game is in motion. Hence, I imposed a few rules on myself:
-No shots using photo mode
-No shots from pre-canned cinematics

Fortunately the game lets you disable almost all HUD elements during non-combat, and most of them otherwise. The lack of a "wait until dawn/dusk" feature meant a lot waiting for the day/night cycle to pass to get particular shots.

I was trying to evoke the same sort of mood provided by the Halo 3 E3 2007 trailer. There aren't very many outstanding quotes in the game (which I kind of like - all the dialogue feels like something you would hear real people say), so I carefully clipped spoiler-free parts from a conversation that I really liked.

Like I said, I don't have a ton of editing experience, so I'm interested in feedback.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread