Age of Triumph Destiny is the best Destiny (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, April 07, 2017, 13:15 (2547 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying Destiny right now, thanks to the Age of Triumph update.

The Raids have always been my favorite part of the game. But in the past, I feel like they've been hampered by other factors such as frustrating light-level grinds, insanely low-percentage loot drops, as well as the burn out factor of having only 1 raid at a time as a viable end-game activity. Age of Triumph seems to have fixed all of that.

I can't overstate how happy I am to have no light-level increase to worry about. Going into Age of Triumph with my characters and a decent amount of gear already at max level changes the game in significant ways. I've always felt like I would enjoy Destiny a lot more if I didn't have to worry about the level grind, playing activities I don't want to play just because they yield the drops I need, playing the first half of a raid over and over until I've leveled up enough to tackle the 2nd half of the raid. Age of Triumph has confirmed my suspicion. Being able to pick up the game and just play it however I want without worrying about racing to max level or getting the specific drops I need to infuse into the specific weapon I want to use. I'm enjoying the game so much right now, I'm actually a little worried about jumping into Destiny 2 and going back to the grindy elements that I hate so much.

Plus, as a raid fanboy, have the 4 for raids all brought up with end game level rewards is just the best. I love the weekly featured challenge modes, the updates to the raids have all been great so far, and it feels SO GOOD to have elemental primaries back. They help add a breath of fresh air to the Heroic and Nightfall strikes... even Prison of Elders is a little more exciting now.

Finally, I also wanted to say how happy I am to have max-level VoG gear. The past few days have been a strong reminder of how much I love VoG above the rest of Destiny (even the other raids), and how none of the gear since then has had the appeal to me of the VoG weapons and armor. Totally personal preference there, but it feels great to have it back.

How about everyone else? Thoughts on Age of Triumph so far?

ps

I can't help but notice that the AoT Record Book didn't even enter my mind when thinking about this update. Which is a good thing, I think. It's there for people that enjoy it, and for those who don't care about it at all (me) it doesn't get in the way.

I feel similarly except I don't have max anything nor have I completed the new raids (except that one when you played with us).

Raiding is my favorite part of Destiny by far, and it feels great to have a variety of them to choose from.

(I'm also enjoying the story playlist, for nostalgia if nothing else.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread